Thursday, February 27, 2014

Welcome!

Hey everyone! My name is JJ, and my goal, as the title of my blog suggests, is to be dapper as fuck. I'm a trans male and I'm hoping to use this blog to explore my sense of fashion, identity, and self, as well as the senses of fashion of other genderqueer, genderfluid, and genderfucking people. Since I'm sure you're all dying to know, this is how I look now, on day one of my process.

That awkward, smiling, plaid clad short one is me. For comparison, before I came out as trans and cut off all my hair:

I'm hoping to make a thrift shop run this weekend. Let me know if you guys have any personal style inspirations and any stories about your own explorations of identity and presentation. :)

STAY FABULOUS

-JJ


3 comments:

  1. Sounds great! Looking forward to seeing this blog update. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really worried and so are a lot of your friends back home. We don't believe you're actually trans. A lot of us have gotten together to talk about it. We think that you having moved away took you from the world you knew creating some sort of inner crisis. We really want Jessica back. JJ is just a phase. Please come back jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can certainly understand why you are concerned. Based on the style of the comment, I'm gonna guess that whoever you are, we haven't talked in a while. This hasn't felt like an inner crisis though. It honestly felt more like I had this monkey on my back(the fact that I was born in the wrong body) but I didn't know the cause of all of that back pain till recently. It really hurts me that you would say that this part of my life is just a phase. It may or may not be, but I don't like that you are going about this anonymously, as a faceless group, and in a way that doesn't consider how I actually feel. I would be happy to talk about this, but I want to know who I am talking to...

    ReplyDelete